Pupils » Class Pages » Year 6
We are a brilliant class, with Mrs Watson as our teacher and Mrs Harrington and Mr Richardson as our Teaching Assistants.
Mrs Rashotte will teach us on Thursday.
Our PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure you wear your PE uniform and trainers to school on this day.
During the cold weather, you can also wear grey or black jogging bottoms and top.
If you have any questions or queries, please come and see me. We look forward to an exciting year.
For black history month, we have been finding out all about Serena Williams. Have a look at our fabulous autobiographies.
We had a great day at the Leeds Industrial Museum where we learned all about being Victorian children.
Year 6 had an amazing visit to Drax to learn all about how electricity is generated using biomass.
Here are some links to a few good websites that I use.
These are the Year 5/6 Common Exception Words that your child needs to know.
Have a look at my helpful videos.
Please find resources to support children with their maths.
- Maths Revision Booklet
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 2
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1a
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1b
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet Answers
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 1
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 2
- Year 6 Spring 2 Mats Mat 3
- Arithmetic Paper 1
- Arithmetic Paper 2
- Arithmetic Paper 3
- Arithmetic Paper 4
- Arithmetic Paper 5
- Arithmetic Paper 6
- Arithmetic Paper 7
- Arithmetic Paper 8
- Arithmetic Paper 9
- Arithmetic Paper 10
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Pack Guidance and Answers
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Home Learning Pack
- Four Operations Knowledge Organiser
- Perimeter, Area and Volume Knowledge Organiser
- Decimals Knowledge Organiser
- Algebra Knowledge Organiser
- Number and Place Value Knowledge Organiser
- Percentages Knowledge Organiser
- Ratio Knowledge Organiser
- Statistics Knowledge Organiser
- Fractions Knowledge Organiser
- Properties of Shape Knowledge Organiser
- Converting Units Knowledge Organiser
- Maths Vocabulary Mat
- Times Table Games
Please find resources to support children with their English
- SPaG Practice and Revision
- Spelling Practice and Revision
- SATs Survival Year 6 Parents’ Reading Practice and Revision Activity Booklet
- Fiction - The Snow Queen
- Poetry - The Tyger
- Non-Fiction Rosa Parks
- Writing task: Film Review
- Writing task: Titanic
- Writing task: Advertise Your Town
- Writing task: Continue the Story
- Writing task: The Ascent
- Writing task: A First Visit
- Writing task: The Supermarket
- Writing task: Classroom Conundrum
- Writing Task: Letter to Your MP
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 1
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 2
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 3
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 4
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 5
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 6
- Tick the Sentence Activity Mats
- Tick the Sentence Activity Answers
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 1
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 2
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 3
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 4
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 5
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 6
Here is some information to help with your child's mental health.
Please find useful educational links to use at home. Some websites require a username and password which children will have.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
In English, we wrote our own Little Red Riding Hood stories.
Good morning Year 6. I am putting some activities on for today. Mum and Dad can decide how much you do. If you want more things to do, you can scroll down on our website and there are links to lots of activities.
For our work for Black History Month, we have been writing about Nelson Mandela. Have a look at our wonderful autobiographies.
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Live PE lesson - Monday to Friday 9am
Twinkl enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Please find science reading comprehensions, information texts on our current topic Animals, Including Humans as well as some fun home science experiments.
- Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Dissolving Science Experiment
- Fireworks in a Glass Science Experiment
- Fun With Density Science Experiment
- Our Diverse Planet Reading Comprehension
- Animals Including Humans Crossword
- Animals Including Humans Knowledge Organiser
- Animals Including Humans Wordsearch
- Circulatory System Paper Model Instructions
- Animals Including Humans Fact Cards
- Animals Including Humans Challenge Cards
- Circulatory System Paper Model
Find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.