Pupils » Class Pages » Year 5
We are a fabulous class, who love to learn, try our best and have a wonderful time at school.
Miss Brown is your class teacher, with Mrs Milner teaching on Wednesdays. Mrs Harrington also works in our class.
Our PE lessons are usually on Thursdays, please ensure you are wearing your PE kit on this day. This should be your PE kit and trainers, with black or grey jogging top and bottoms should the weather turn cold.
Please let me or Mrs Harrington know if you have any questions.
I'm sure year 5 are going to have a brilliant year!
Please find below our class newsletters.
Please take a look at the homework schedule for the next two weeks.
We have done a lot of work so far on our Leader In Me skills. Here is our class mission for the year. We hope you like it.
We have really enjoyed reading the Witches in our guided reading and full class sessions. We became witch detectives and wrote formal letters to warm the public about the witch catastrophe!
Have a look at the presentation below to find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.
Here is some information to help with your child's mental health.
Geography Our current Geography topic is focused upon the United Kingdom. Have a look at our knowledge organiser to see what you will be learning. Can you find out any unusual facts about the UK?
In our PE lessons we are currently working on our Netball skills! Here is a link to a seven minute workout! It's really good for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq5zZfmIws&safe=true
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Various activities and websites to support RE at home
- Learning about Judaism.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 1.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 2.pdf
- RE based arts and poetry competition.pdf
- Stations of the Cross - Primary.pptx
- Primary Stations of the Cross (1).pptx
- Home Learning Sikh Vaisakhi.pdf
- Home learning Hindu goddess.pdf
- MV Logo Colouring.pdf
- Reflection - Maundy Thursday.pdf
- Reflection - Good Friday.pdf
- Build a house for the homeless.pdf
- Create Your Own Prayer.pdf
- Reflection - Easter Sunday.pdf
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme. Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Classroom Secrets Free-home-learning-packs There is a pack available for each year group.
Hamilton Trust -learning-home-packs
Story Line online - Lots of stories
Phonics Play - great phonics games
Oxford Owl - Oxford Reading Tree reading books
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
We are supposed to be making our own bread in DT but you can always try at home.
Follow the link below -
How to make home made bread
Our topic is Reconciliation. Could you interview someone who has done their reconciliation? It could be a friend, parents, family member, brother or sister. Do a poster to explain what Reconciliation is. You could design it on the computer. Make up your own parable of the Lost Son - a modern version. Complete the victim/offender sheet. How do our actions affect others?
Our Science topic is Earth and Space. Have a look at the knowledge organiser to see what you need to learn. See if you can have a go at designing your own model of the solar system!
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Please find some active home learning activities.
You can have a go at lots of the SPAG.com activities that I have put on line. Have a go at these word mats to keep practising your Year 5/6 Common Exception Words. They are further down our page on one sheet. Write them out a few times a week.
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 1.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 9.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 12.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 8.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 11.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 10.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 2.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 6.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 7.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 17.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 4.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 5.pdf
You can practise some of the text types that we have done recently in class.
Here are some ideas:
- Formal letter
- Newspaper article about current affairs.
Have a go at these Maths activities. There are some arithmetic half tests and some knowledge mats. You could also go on Mathletics, Rockstars or play some of Mrs Watson's card games. Your children will be able to teach you. Ideas include - timestable snap, number bond snap, improper fractions to mixed numbers, multiplying fractions or just be creative.
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 3.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 5.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 2.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 4.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 6.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 1.pdf
Classroom Secrets have kindly put together a pack of activities for you.