Pupils » Class Pages » Year 5
We are a fabulous class, who love to learn.
Miss Brown is your class teacher, with Mrs Milner teaching on Wednesdays. Mrs Harrington also work in our class.
Our PE lessons are usually on Thursdays, please ensure you are wearing your PE kit on this day. This should be your PE uniform and trainers, with black or grey jogging top and bottoms should the weather turn cold.
Please see me if you have any questions or queries.
Don't forget to have a go at the daily White Rose Maths lessons. There are videos to watch and then a sheet to have a go at. Click on White Rose Maths and it will take you to the lessons.
Here is a link to a seven minute workout! It's really good for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq5zZfmIws&safe=true
Here is some information to help with your child's mental health.
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Various activities and websites to support RE at home
- Learning about Judaism.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 1.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 2.pdf
- RE based arts and poetry competition.pdf
- Stations of the Cross - Primary.pptx
- Primary Stations of the Cross (1).pptx
- Home Learning Sikh Vaisakhi.pdf
- Home learning Hindu goddess.pdf
- MV Logo Colouring.pdf
- Reflection - Maundy Thursday.pdf
- Reflection - Good Friday.pdf
- Build a house for the homeless.pdf
- Create Your Own Prayer.pdf
- Reflection - Easter Sunday.pdf
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme. Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Classroom Secrets Free-home-learning-packs There is a pack available for each year group.
Hamilton Trust -learning-home-packs
Story Line online - Lots of stories
Phonics Play - great phonics games
Oxford Owl - Oxford Reading Tree reading books
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
Click on the links below to access 'Inside The Factory' and some more ideas.
For our topic on "Where does our food come from?", you can use the sheets to find out about Fair Trade. Make some notes about it on the sheet then design your own leaflet. You could use publisher if you like.
You could also watch another "Inside the Factory"
We are supposed to be making our own bread in DT but you can always try at home.
Follow the link below -
How to make home made bread
Our topic is Reconciliation. Could you interview someone who has done their reconciliation? It could be a friend, parents, family member, brother or sister. Do a poster to explain what Reconciliation is. You could design it on the computer. Make up your own parable of the Lost Son - a modern version. Complete the victim/offender sheet. How do our actions affect others?
Our Science topic is Changing Materials. Have a look at the knowledge organiser to see what you need to learn. Have a go at dissolving some materials at home (with permission) or do some cooking to look at irreversible changes.
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Please find some active home learning activities.
You can have a go at lots of the SPAG.com activities that I have put on line. Have a go at these word mats to keep practising your Year 5/6 Common Exception Words. They are further down our page on one sheet. Write them out a few times a week.
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 1.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 9.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 12.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 8.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 11.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 10.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 2.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 6.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 7.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 17.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 4.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat Pack 5.pdf
You can practise some of the text types that we have done in class.
Here are some ideas:
- balanced argument - Should homework be banned?
- persuasive letter to the world about using less plastic
- newspaper article about the current situation
- Use Pobble365 to write descriptions about the scene. You could make your own sentence stacking ideas. Pobble 365
- Write you own version of "The Journey"
- Literacy shed - Some great short films that you could write about.
Classroom Secrets have kindly put together a pack of activities for you.
Have a go at these Maths activities. There are some arithmetic half tests and some knowledge mats. You could also go on Mathletics, Rockstars or play some of Mrs Watson's card games. Your children will be able to teach you. Ideas include - timestable snap, number bond snap, improper fractions to mixed numbers, multiplying fractions or just be creative.
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 3.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 5.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 2.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 4.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 6.pdf
- Year 5 Spring 1 Activity Mat 1.pdf
Have a go at these comprehension activities. For an extension activity, why not find out about the different topics. Make sure you are reading at least a book a week, if not more.
Please support Lois, who is the big sister of one of Year 5's wonderful pupils, in her bid to become a member of the UK Youth Parliament. Visit the survey to vote for her! Good luck, Lois. We are very proud of you!
Have a look at the presentation below to find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.
Please have a look at our homework for this week.