Pupils » Class Pages » Year 3
We are an amazing class who are taught by Miss Cooper and Mrs Milner.
To see what we get up to you can view our twitter and look on this web page.
Individual reading books will be changed and sent home every Tuesday. Please ensure you or your child sign the reading diary to say they have read.
PE this half term is on a Monday morning and Friday afternoon. PE kits will be kept at school until the end of half term.
Any questions please just ask!
Here is some useful information to help with your child's mental health.
Watch the videos and complete the activity sheet.
Various activities and websites to support RE at home
- Learning about Judaism.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 2.pdf
- Learning about Easter part 1.pdf
- RE based arts and poetry competition.pdf
- Stations of the Cross - Primary.pptx
- Primary Stations of the Cross (1).pptx
- Home Learning Sikh Vaisakhi.pdf
- Home learning Hindu goddess.pdf
- MV Logo Colouring.pdf
- Reflection - Maundy Thursday.pdf
- Reflection - Good Friday.pdf
- Build a house for the homeless.pdf
- Create Your Own Prayer.pdf
- Reflection - Easter Sunday.pdf
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
Live PE lesson - Monday to Friday 9am
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Twinkl enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Classroom Secrets Free-home-learning-packs There is a pack available for each year group.
Hamilton Trust -learning-home-packs
Story Line online - Lots of stories
Phonics Play - great phonics games
Oxford Owl - Oxford Reading Tree reading books
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme. Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Please find resources to support children with their SPaG.
- correct_the_spellings_worksheet .pdf
- Spelling word mat year 3 and 4 words..pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 3.pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 4.pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 1 .pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 2.pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 6.pdf
- year 3 SPaG activity mat 5.pdf
- Spelling word mat year 2 words.pdf
- spelling activity game year 3 .pdf
New SPaG mat activities
In Geography we are learning All about Leeds! Spend some time researching about Leeds and what it is famous for. Below are some links to work sheets and a knowledge organiser to help you with Key vocabulary and to understand our learning.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Reading tasks to complete with your child.
- Sun Safety Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Pet Care of a Cat Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Roald Dahl Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Garden Birds Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Pet Care of a Bearded Dragon Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- FA Cup Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Tour de France Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Amazing antatrica easier read.pdf
- Back to earth reading .pdf
- Tour de France Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Pet Care of a Dog Differentiated Reading.pdf
- Usain Bolt Biography Differentiated Reading .pdf
In Science we are learning about plants. In a link below there is a knowledge organiser to show our learning and explain key vocabulary. Practical idea - To help your child understand what plants need to grow, you could plant a seed together and look after the plant. Keep a diary of what they do to keep the plant healthy and how tall it grows!
Useful link: http://www.pobble365.com/. Or just type in 'pobble 365' into google. This website creates an image every day for your child to create a story from. Let them use their imagination to create a story, or read the suggested tips for ideas. Encourage your child to use the English word mats below to help them when writing. There are also links below for writing activities.
Please find resources to support children with their maths. We also suggest spending time of timetable Rockstars.
- year 3 fraction knowledge organiser.pdf
- Year 3 Multiplication and Division Maths Knowledge Organiser.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 6.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 4.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 5.pdf
- Year 3 spring 2 maths activity mat 2.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 2.pdf
- year 3 adition and subtraction knowledge organiser.pdf
- Year 3 Reasoning - Pack 1 - Test 1b.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 3.pdf
- Year 3 multiplication dice game .pdf
- colour by multiplication worksheet .pdf
- Year 3 Reasoning teast - Pack 1 - Test 1a.pdf
- Year 3 spring 2 maths activity mat 1.pdf
- Year 3 Spring 1 Activity Mat 1.pdf
- create a maths song.pdf
- Fraction_Match practical way .pdf
- learn to tell the time.pdf
- practise your 3, 4, 7, and 8 times tables.pdf
- NEW maths mat 2.pdf
- NEW maths mat 3.pdf
- NEW Maths mat 1 .pdf
- NEW maths mat 4.pdf
Please find some active home learning activities.
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Year 3 went on a trip to Herd Farm for a pre- historic experience day. We travelled through time from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. The children were able to create their own tipis in groups, see the Iron Age roundhouses and see close up artefacts and weapons found from archaeologists! The children loved becoming 'warriors' using the spears and dressing up. They even caught a 'deer' and prepared a fire to cook the meat on! This was a great way to tie all of our History learning together practically and it allowed us to build on our prior knowledge.
The year 3 children have been working hard writing persuasive letters to their teacher. They were persuading Miss Cooper to adopt an endangered animal for the class! The children then suggested baking buns and selling them to the staff at school to raise the money. The children have been successful and have now adopted a Jaguar as class! They raised 36 pounds in total. Well done Year 3!
Each child now has a spelling group. Please ask your child which group they are in. These are the 'moons' spellings.
Please have a look at our homework this week.
Have a look at the presentation below to find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.
Here you can find a document which highlights the end of year 3 expectations. You may find this useful to support your child with their learning.