Here is some useful information for you to help with your child's mental health.
Watch the video and complete the activity sheet:
Tapestry now have a memo tab where Reception parents can access any new online learning sites and activities as they become available. Please use the drop down tab in your app or computer to find it.
Some great ideas here linked to books, photography and creative activities. No need to complete the challenges but there are lots of ideas here to choose from.
Here is a list of activities you can download and print to do at home.
- Websites for Home Learning Added 25/3/20
- I Spy.pdf
- Eyfs school closure Interactive links.pdf
- EYFS home learning challenges.docx
- Cardboard Tube Rocket Craft Instructions.pdf
- EYFS Counting and Ordering Numbers to 20 Home Learning Challenges.pdf
- Make an Emoji Face Cutting Skills Activity.pdf
- Phonics Phase 2 Home Learning Challenges.pdf
- Phonics Phase 3 Home Learning Challenges.pdf
- Paper Plate Pet Craft Activity.pdf
- Phase 2 Phonics Rhyming String Cards.pdf
- Comparing Numbers to 10 Transport-Themed Activity.pdf
- CVC Word Activity Booklet.pdf
- Tablespoon Biscuit Recipe.pdf
- I Spy and Add.pdf
- T-L-4196-I-Can-Read-Words-Using-Phase-3-Vowel-Graphemes-Words-Activity-Sheet_ver_4 (1).pdf
- young peoples trust home learning kit - plants.pdf
We are sharing a station a day in class through Collective Worship from a book called The Way of the Cross. I am sharing the photos from each station so you can share this also at home with your child as we move towards Easter.
These are activities from Tapestry with ideas to support children’s development in the EYFS 7 Areas of Learning. These will cover Prime Areas and Specific Areas in alternate weeks. Families can film or take photos of their child as they play and learn and upload these to Tapestry.
The links below will also direct you to further resources which will be added as they become available: https://www.natre.org.uk/about-natre/free-resources-for-you-and-your-pupils/key-stage-1/
- Learning About Easter
- Stations of the Cross VS1
- Stations of the Cross VS2
- Home learning Charlie and Blue gardens Islam.pdf
- Home learning Charlie and Blue visit the Gurdwara.pdf
- MV Logo Colouring.pdf
- Reflection - Maundy Thursday.pdf
- Reflection - Good Friday.pdf
- Build a house for the homeless.pdf
- Create Your Own Prayer.pdf
- Reflection - Easter Sunday.pdf
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Please visit Reception's YouTube page!
Here you will find videos to help with phonics, reading and writing;
Please click the link below:
Reception Holy Name Videos
Please use these sheets to recap the phonics program so far.
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme.
Here is a great way to keep yourself and your family occupied during these uncertain times. Make staying indoors fun and use the time to help yourself and others. Have a go at some of these activities and let me know on Tapestry what you did!
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Here you will find links to different worksheets to help your child practice the pre-cursive formation of letters.
Trace over letters
Here is a link to a website which has animatons to show the direction of the pencil when forming the continous cursive letters:
Continuous cursive letters
Follow the learning journey of 30 amazing individuals!
The children had a wonderful time today out and about on the Nature Reserve! They went pond dipping, looked for signs of Spring, went on a mini beast hunt, enjoyed some tree visualisation and planted some peas! They also met a hedgehog called Spike and reported back to him on what they had discovered and observed! The peas will be coming home this week, maybe as they grow your child could write and record through photos and drawings how their plant changes and how they are looking after it?
Well done to the class! They definitely showed themselves to be great future leaders in their assembly this morning!
Please use this guide to help you set up onto Parentpay
Please find a copy of the parents guide to the Leader in Me program which forms part of the 7 Habits sessions we deliver in class.
These maths challenges are sent out every 2 -3 weeks. Please complete them with your child and post them on Tapestry by the date indicated on the note. A video is the best way to show their learning!
These documents provide a summary of whats happening in Reception class on a half termly basis.
Each document contains the keywords we will be learning each half term.
Letters that we have sent home, just in case you missed one!
Number and space, shape and measure sheets to support your child at home.
Work sheets to help you support your child at home with reading and writing.
Here is a collection of webpage links to songs and activities to help your child with their phonics.
Mr. Thorne Does Phonics
Here is a collection of webpage links to counting songs we use in class so you can sing along at home too!
Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
Count in 2s
Count to 100
Count back from 20
Count to 50
Here is a collection of webpage links to the songs we sing in class to learn the days, months and seasons.
Days of the Week