Wednesday 11th October - 9.30am and 1.30pm
Friday 10th November - 10.00am and 1.30pm
Please call the office on 0113 2677532 to book a slot.
You can also visit our homepage to look around our beautiful school via the Virtual Open Day
Applications for Reception 2024
When to applyChildren born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 are due to start primary school in September 2024.
Applications open on different days in each local council area. Find out from your local council when applications open for primary schools.
You must apply for a primary school place a year before your child can start school.
Applications open on 1st November 2023 and close on 15th January 2024.
You’ll need to apply then even if you want your child to start part-way through the year.
After 12 February 2024, you will not be able to use the online portal to apply. If you are applying:
- after 12 February but before offer day, you’ll need to contact admissions for a paper application form
- for the first time after 16 April 2024 (offer day), you will need to join a waiting list
Information parents need to know about applying, including previous years allocations at our school can be found on admissions webpage at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/schools-and-education/composite-prospectus
If you have any questions the school is unable to answer parents/ carers can contact the Admissions Team on 01113 222 4414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplementary Information Form
If parents/carers feel that their child should be in a specific category i.e. Baptised Catholic, then they are required to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and provide the required evidence. The Supplementary Information Form can be downloaded below and must be submitted to the school, Holy Name Catholic Voluntary Academy, Otley Old Road, Leeds LS16 6NF. Therefore, failure to provide a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) could affect the category your application is placed in.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the parent/carer to complete all forms and supply evidence – reminders will not be sent.
Parents or carers will be advised by Leeds City Council of the outcome of their applications on 19 April 2024. Unsuccessful applicants will be given reasons related to the over-subscription criteria listed above and advised of their right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.
How to apply for a school place through Leeds Local Authority: Apply for a primary school
The admission number for Reception to Year 6 is 30 pupils per class.
Where can I find useful information?
Admissions at Leeds would encourage all families to read the information on the ' before you apply ' section on their webste
Families can contact the Admissions Team on 0113 222 4414 if they have any questions.
You can find information about schools, previous years allocation data, catchment maps and links to school admission policies on our ‘find more information about a school’ page on the Leeds City Council Admissions website https://www.leeds.gov.uk/schools-and-education/composite-prospectus.
You can find on our website Leeds City Council
- an address lookup tool - for families to check if their address has any priority, but not all addresses will have such priority
- the link to the online application form
Parents, please remember -
- use all 5 preferences, using only use 1 or 2 preferences decreases the chances of being offered a place at a preferred school;
- 1st preference first isn’t allowed, - schools don’t know the preference order families provide;
- any supplementary information needs to be provided by the closing date (this applies if a child is previously looked after, is seeking admission under exceptional needs or if a family wish to apply for their child to be admitted out of chronological age group)
- use the child’s actual permanent address. Using that of a friend, relatives, childminder or renting a property to gain a school place are all considered fraud and places can be withdrawn.
In Year AdmissionsPlease follow this link to access the Leeds Authority process for moving your child from their existing school:
How to apply for an in year application: Apply for an in year application
Parents should complete the online In Year Common Preference Form and complete the Supplementary Information Form found below, and return this directly to our school.
The admission number for Reception to Year 6 is 30 pupils per class. Please use this form if you are moving your child from another school, or applying for the first time as an in year application.